• The IOS/ Android application Bric(hereinafter referred to as “Application”or “App” ), owned by REDMONK Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and shall include the permitted legal heirs, representatives, administrators, successors and assigns;
• If you do not agree with any of these terms, please discontinue using the Application. We hold the sole right to modify the Terms of Service without prior permission from You or providing notice to You. The relationship creates on You a duty to periodically check the Terms of Service and stay updated on its requirements. If You continue to use the Application or avail any of its services without registration following such change, this is deemed as consent by You to the so amended policies. Your continued use of the Application is conditioned upon your compliance with the Terms of Service, including but not limited to compliance with the Terms of Service even after alterations, if any.
Bric is a mobile app that digitizes business cards and lets you store and exchange business cards from a mobile phone .The Application scans physical business cards through the device camera of a mobile phone and converts image into readable text / data and stores it in a digital form. This data along with the digitized copy of the business card can be used by users to call, sms, email and exchange business cards. Bric provides the originality and visual appeal of a physical card and at the same time delivers all the utility derived from a business card over a touch, tap or swipe on the phone.Each time your contact gets promoted, changes location or jobs, you automatically get the updated contact information along with the new business card
To fully avail the services of the Application and use it, registration is required. In order to use the services of this Application, You are required to register Yourself by providing the following information which inter alia includes Name, User Name, Password, Email ID, Mobile Number, Business Card, Etc., Membership of this website is available only to those above the age of 13 years. barring those “Incompetent to Contract” which inter alia include insolvents. If You are a minor and wish to use the Application, You may do so through Your legal guardian and REDMONK Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to terminate Your account on knowledge of You being a minor and having registered on the Application or availing any of its services. Further, at any time during Your use of this Application, including but not limited to the time of registration, You are solely responsible for protecting the confidentiality of Your username and password, and any activity under the account shall be deemed to have been done by You. In the case that You provide Us with false and/or inaccurate details or We have reason to believe You have done so, We hold the right to permanently suspend Your account.
The user, at his own discretion, downloads the app and scans the business cards of his contacts. The saved images of the cards may or may not appear in their original form and the contents of the card may or may not be read accurately. Bric does not represent that the images or other information on the card is accurate or clear and shall not be responsible for any errors. Further, Bric is only a platform to enable users to exchange business information and such details may get transmitted and exchanged across other users solely under the discretion of user and Bric shall not be responsible for any errors in transmission. By saving any data on the Bric platform, the user authorises Bric to use such data in whatever form deemed appropriate at the discretion of Bric.
The downloading and installing of the free version of the Application is free of cost. But certain premium services may only be available for a fee, which is paid through App store or Play store & governed by their terms of service and privarcy policy state off.
The User takes full responsibility for payment of all taxes and fees that are levied or arise in the course of use of the Application, including but not limited to downloading and installation of the Application by the User.
The User undertakes to fulfil the following obligations. Failure to satisfy any of these obligations gives Us the right to permanently suspend Your account and/or claim damages for any losses that accrue to Us or additional costs that may be imposed on us.
• You hereby certify that you are at least 13 years of age.
• You hereby agree to provide genuine credentials during the process of registration for the Application. You shall not use a fictitious indentity to register.
• You agree to ensure the email address provided in your account registration is valid at all times and shall keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
• You agree to comply with all local laws and regulations governing the downloading, installation and/or use of the Application, including, without limitation to, any usage rules set forth in this Agreement.
• You undertake not to:
Cut, copy, distribute, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Application. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modification of data and information within the content of the Application is not permitted. Should You want to engage in one or more such actions, prior permission from Us must be obtained;
• access (or attempt to access) the Application and/or the materials or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Application. The use of deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Application or Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application, materials or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Application is prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Application or Services, You may be exposed to content from other Users or Third Parties that You may consider offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. We disclaim all liabilities arising in relation to such offensive content on the Application. Further, You may report such offensive content;
• use the Application in any manner that may impair, overburden, damage, disable or otherwise compromise (i) Company’s services; (ii) any other party’s use and enjoyment of company’s services; or (iii) the services and products of any Third Party (including, without limitation to, the Authorized Device);
• use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purposes or to conduct any unlawful activity, including, but not limited to, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering or identity theft;
• abuse, harass, threaten, defame, disillusion, erode, abrogate, demean or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
• engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to the Application or the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Application);
• upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Application or another’s mobile phone, systems, devises and software solutions that are extentions of the Application;
• download any file posted in the Application that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
• probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Application or any network, devises and software solutions to the Application, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Application or any network, devises and software solutions connected to the Application. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user, of or visitor to, the Application, or exploit the Application or Service or information made available or offered by or through the Application, in any way whether or not the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Application;
• disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Application, systems resources, servers, software solutions or networks connected to or accessible through the Application or any affiliated or linked applications;
• violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force within or outside your home country;
• violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
• threaten the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of your home country, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
• disseminate information through the Application that is false, inaccurate or misleading,or violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside your home country.
From time to time, the Application may automatically check the version of the Application installed on the Authorized Device and, if applicable, provide updates for the Application (hereinafter referred to as “Updates”). Updates may contain, without limitation to, bug fixes, patches, enhanced functionality, plug-ins and new versions of the Application. By installing the Application, You authorize the automatic download and installation of Updates and agree to download and install Updates manually if necessary. Your use of the Application and Updates shall be governed by this Agreement (as amended by any terms and conditions that may be provided with Updates).
Upon download and installation of the Application, You grant the following permissions to Bric to perform the following actions on the device You have installed the Application in.
• To read from, write on, modify and delete data pertaining to the Application on the device’s hard disk and/or external storage;
• To access information about networks, access networks including wi-fi networks, receive and send data through the network;
• To determine Your approximate location from sources like, but not limited to mobile towers and connected Wi-Fi networks;
• To determine Your exact location from sources such as, but not limited to GPS;
• To access the model number, IMEI number and details about the operating system of the device the Application has been installed on, as well as the phone number of the device;
• To retrieve information about other application running on the device the Application has been installed on and open them;
• To detect when the phone had been switched off and switched on for the purpose of sending notification/ push notifications;
• All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with the Application, including for example news articles, reviews, directories, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively and hereinafter referred to as the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by Us. You may use the Content only through the Application, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
• You may not, republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Application, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Application in any way that affects the user’s experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
• We respect the intellectual property of others. If You believe Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement or are aware of any infringing material on the Application, please contact Us by sending us an email at email@example.com.
• By providing information to, communicating with, and/or placing material on, the Application, including for example but not limited to, communication during any registration and communication on the bulletin board, message or chat area, You represent and warrant:
(1) You own or otherwise have all necessary rights to the content you provide and the rights to use it as provided in this Terms of Service;
(2) all information You provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate these Terms of Service; and,
(3) the information and Content shall not cause injury to any person or entity. Using a name other than your own legal name is prohibited (except in those specific areas of the Application that specifically ask for unique, fictitious names such as, inter alia certain message boards and chat rooms).
For all such information and material and business cards uploaded by you, you grant us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from such information, in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize us to share the information across all our affiliated Applications, to include the information in a searchable format accessible by users of the Application and other affiliated Applications, and to use your name and any other information in connection with its use of the material you provide. You also grant the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
• The Application can be used in all countries worldwide. We make no representation that materials or Content available through our Application is appropriate or available for use outside any of these countries.
• If You access or use the Application from a country or location apart from those specified above, You are solely responsible for compliance with necessary laws and regulations for use of the Application.
• We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Services, partially or entirely, or add, change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for You or for all Users at any time and in Our sole discretion. These changes shall become effective upon providing a notice of the same to You via email/ the home screen of the Application. We further reserve the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of Your account, with or without notice, if deemed by Us to be contrary to this Agreement.
• Bric has no obligation to provide You with a copy of the information You or any other User provides on the Application or that the Application has accessed.
• Further, We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement at any time, effective upon the date of giving Users notice of the same. Notice shall be provided of such change via email to the Users and/ or by posting a notice on the home screen of the Application.
You and We both understand that there may be instances of difficulty in accessing or receiving email communication. We are not responsible if any email notice gets caught by Your SPAM folder, or if You do not see the email, or if You have given us an incorrect email id or if for any other reason You do not receive the email notice. Therefore, we encourage you to frequently open the Application to monitor any changes. Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/ or features through the Application. Such new features and/ or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Us from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, damages, expense, or costs (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), incurred by or made Us in connection with any claim arising from or related to:
• Your use or any Third Party’s use via Your account of the Service provided by the Application and its Content;
• Any breach or violation of this Agreement, including any amendment, or of any statute or regulation by You, or any Third Party through Your account.
You agree to fully cooperate in indemnifying Us at Your expense. You also agree not to reach a settlement with any party without Our consent.
All disputes involving but not limited to rights conferred, compensation, refunds, and other claims will be resolved through a two-step Alternate Dispute Resolution mechanism.
15.1 Stage 1: Mediation. In case of a dispute, the matter will first be attempted to be resolved by a sole mediator who is a neutral third party and will be selected at the mutual acceptance of a proposed mediator by both parties. Both parties may raise a name for the sole mediator and in the case both parties accept the proposed name, the said person shall be appointed as sole mediator. In case the parties are not able to reach a consensus within two proposed mediators, the sole proprietorship reserves the right to decide who the final mediator is. The decision of the mediator is not binding on both parties.
15.2 Stage 2: Arbitration. If the dispute is not settled by mediation, it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration, which shall be governed by the law, rules and regulations of Bangalore, India. The Arbitral award is binding on both parties. The Arbitration Board shall comprise three members – one appointed by each party and the third member to be nominated by the two appointed members by mutual consent. Arbitration shall be held at Bangalore. The proceedings of arbitration shall be in the English language. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding on the Parties.The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions and disputes mentioned above shall be the courts located in Bangalore, State of Karnataka, India and You hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
Any and all communication relating to any dispute or grievance experienced by the User may be communicated to the Company by the User reducing the same to writing, and sending the same to the registered office of the Company by Registered Post, or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entire Agreement: This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreements between You and Us with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all other communications or representations or agreements (whether oral, written or otherwise) relating thereto.
• Waiver: The failure of either party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement in no manner shall affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. No waiver by either party of any breach of this Agreement, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, shall be deemed to be, or construed as, a further or continuing waiver of any other such breach, or a waiver of any other breach of this Agreement.
• Liability: The Mobile App and the Company accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties, or for any damage caused to the User, the User’s belongings, or any third party, resulting from the use or misuse of any product purchased or service availed of by the User from the Website/ Mobile App.
• Severability: If any provision of this Agreement shall to any extent be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be affected or impaired thereby and each such provision of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. In such a case, this Agreement shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to correct any invalidity, illegality or unenforceability, while preserving to the maximum extent the rights and commercial expectations of the parties hereto, as expressed herein.
We may collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you.
To ensure better protection of Your privacy, We provide this notice explaining Our information collection and disclosure policies, and the choices You make about the way Your information is collected and used.
The Mobile App is a platform where by it scans physical business cards through the device camera of a mobile phone and converts image into readable text data and stores it in a digital form. This data along with the digitized copy of the business card can be used by users to call, sms, email and exchange business cards. Bric provides the originality and visual appeal of a physical card and at the same time delivers all the utility derived from a business card over a touch, tap or swipe on the phone. Bric helps the user to store their contacts, share their card, remain updated with their contacts
• “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” and “User” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals who use the Application.
• “Application” shall mean and refer to Bric created by REDMONK Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
• “Personal Information” shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that We may collect from You. For removal of any doubts, please refer to Clause 2.
• “Third Parties” refer to any application, website, company or individual apart from the User and the creator of the Application.
We are committed to respecting Your online privacy. We further recognize Your need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal Information You share with us. In order to use the services of this Application, You are required to register Yourself by providing the following information which inter alia includes:
• User name;
• Email Id;
• Mobile number;
• Business card, etc.
We may collect the following information:
• Personal data of the User such as, but not limited to, the digital scanned copy of Your Business cardname, company, business title, work address, work phone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number, and business email address.
• Tracking Information such as, but not limited to the IP address of Your device when connected to the Internet.
We use data collection device known as “cookies” at certain stages of use of Our Application. “Cookies” are small files situated on Your mobile/ computer/ device’s hard disk that assists Us in providing customised services. A cookie helps us analyse your preferences by, for example, recording the number of times you have used the Application, and help us in tailoring our services to suit your interests. Further, there are certain features of the Application that are available only through the use of a “cookie”. These “cookies” may be used whether You register on the Application or not. However, a “cookie” does not give Us access to your device. You may choose to disable the “cookie” feature on Your device. But this may prevent full utilization of the services provided by the Application.
We transcript at the backend as a service for greater accuracy & also support users scanning large number of cards. The transciption is carried out in a secure environment with limited access & tight security protocols. User & Date privarcy is given the topmost priority at Redmonk & we constantly strive to up keep it.
•Other Corporate Entities: We share much of our data, including Your Personal Information, with Our parent and/ or subsidiaries that are committed to serving Your needs through use of Our Application and related services, throughout the world. Such data shall be shared for the sole purpose of enhancing Your experience of using the Application. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they shall treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other members. It is possible that We and/or its subsidiaries, or any combination of such, could merge with or be acquired by another business entity. Should such a combination occur, you should expect that we would share some or all of your information in order to continue to provide the service. You shall receive notice of such event (to the extent it occurs).
•Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can, and You also authorise Us, disclose Your Personal Information to law enforcement and other government officials as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us/ Us or You to any legal liability. Any information that you make publically available on the site may be potentially viewed by any party, and by posting such material it is deemed that you consent to share such information with such parties. The user at his own discretion scans business cards of his contacts which will be accessed by others, stored in a cloud and transmitted We do not control or restrict an user from scanning his cards and the user does it as his own discretion
Following registration, You can review and change the information You submitted at the stage of registration, except Your display name/ user name. An option for facilitating such change shall be present on the home screen of the application and such change can be facilitated by emailing us at email@example.com. If You change any information, We may keep track of Your old information.To remove Your profile so that others cannot view it, you can delete your profile on the app. We shall retain in Our files, information You have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce Our terms and conditions. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from Our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored ‘back up’ systems. Therefore, You should not expect that all of Your personally identifiable information shall be completely removed from our databases in response to Your requests.
When you register on the Application, You shall be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. It is important that you protect it against unauthorised access of Your account and information by choosing Your password carefully, keeping Your password and device secure by signing out after using Our services and exercising caution in disclosing Your password if needed. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another User at any time. Further, if You choose to disclose Your password to any Third Party, You are solely responsible for all actions taken with Your account information and password, including fees. If You lose control of Your password, You may lose substantial control over Your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on Your behalf. Therefore, in the event of loss of Your password, You should immediately change Your password. Further, You agree to notify Us immediately if You suspect any consistent unauthorized use of Your account or access to Your password even after changing it.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us and information that we have accessed. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. You therefore agree that any security breaches beyond the control of Our standard security procedures are at Your sole risk and discretion.
You agree and undertake to indemnify us in any suit or dispute by any Third Party arising out of disclosure of Personal Information by You to Third Parties either through Our Application or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of Third Parties. We assume no liability for any actions of Third Parties with regard to Your Personal Information, which You may have disclosed to such Third Parties.